JohnTem82387976

21 March 2016

It's Great To Be 8, Yeah...!





















Somewhat miraculously, "Left and to the Back" celebrates its eighth birthday today. I don't normally bother to bookmark the occasion - because I usually completely forget, to be honest with you - but as it's actually occurred to me this time around, I thought it was worth celebrating the fact that we've managed to plough through eight years without me losing interest or running out of things to write about, or running out of money to buy these records with (when you take into account the fact I have to pay Box a regular subscription fee for use of their servers, as well as fork out cash to buy the singles that feature on here, keeping this blog alive is actually a hobby that costs money - if either my wife or I lost our jobs or fell into financial difficulties, it would probably be a very early casualty).

It's been nothing but an absolute pleasure to keep this daft little project alive, and thanks hugely to both the people who have stuck with this blog since its very early days, and all the new readers who have come along in the years since.

To celebrate how far we've come, let's take a look at a screenshot of the blog in its earliest days, shall we?


Hmmm... Design-wise, at least, it certainly improved...

10 comments:

VanceMan said...

Happy anniversary! The Internet would be just a little bit sadder without your blog.

Skip (mOOOse) said...

Congrats to 8 Great Years, I Enjoy the Cool Tunes & Info!!

Andrew said...

Much appreciate your time, effort and expense. Cheers. Happy 8th birthday.

Anonymous said...


Congratulations, 8 years of superb " hard to find" songs"

Many many thanks

We hope to enjoy more 8 years

All the best, Albert

CL said...

Congratulations to Left and to the Back. Keep on rockin'.

23 Daves said...

Thanks everyone.

Another 8 years? God knows what the Internet will even look like by then - mp3 blogs are already very passé even now - but we'll see.

Arthur Nibble said...

Happy birthday! Keep up the fine work.

Chandalf said...

As one of the silent majority, I'd like to say thank you for keeping us entertained for so long. And if you can keep it up I for one will keep reading.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Believe to have followed in "early years" then lost touch, but back recently. Thanx for ALL the great music! Please keep sharing.
Not sure if you take re-up requests but checking your comps. & looking for the "Deram Dayze" comp. which might have 'expired" by now. IF possible much appreciated.

Cheers!

Ciao! For now.
rntcj

23 Daves said...

Hi mtcj, Drop me a line at my email address and I'll see what I can do.